Report on Oil Sightings throughout Coastal Louisiana
BATON ROUGE (July 14, 2010) - The below is a situational awareness report of oil impacted areas led by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, the Louisiana Army National Guard and local governments.
Note: The information in this report has been forwarded to the federal incident command post in Houma, which is composed of U.S. Coast Guard and BP officials. This report consists of newly impacted areas, and does not serve as a comprehensive listing of impacted areas.
Sightings Report July 14, 2010
St. Bernard Parish:
- Sighting: Oil impacting the marsh located miles SSE of Point Lydia.
- Sighting: Oil impacting the shore on Rawhead Island 1.35 miles S of Scow Pass.
- Sighting: Oil impacting the marsh on the W side of Drum Bay 2.75 miles ENE of Anderson Point.
- Sighting: Oil impacting the SE shore of an unnamed island .6 miles SW of Deadman's Bayou.
- Sighting: Oil impacting the SE tip on Turtle Pen Isle.
- Sighting: Oil impacting the E shore of New Harbor Islands.
- Sighting: Oil impacting the shore of the Chandeleur Islands 1 mile S of the Breton National Wildlife Refuge.
- Sighting: Oil impacting the W shore of the Chandeleur Island 2.35 miles NE of Redfish Point.
- Sighting: Oil impacting the W shore of the Chandeleur Island 4 miles NE of the North Islands.
- Sighting: Oil sheen mile long by 30 feet wide located in the Chandelier Sound 7 miles ESE of Isle au Pitre.
- Sighting: Thick reddish brown oil impacting marsh grass on an unnamed island 10 miles S of Brush Island.
- Sighting: 100 feet wide by 300 feet long area of oil sheen with tar balls located in Pass Abel off the NE end of Isle Grand Terre.
- Sighting: Oil located offshore .85 miles W of the West Bay Seaplane Base.
- Sighting: Emulsified oil to light crude with sheen in Grand Bank Bayou just off an unnamed marsh island N of Bay Melville.
- Sighting: Oil located offshore 8 miles NNW of the East Jetty.
- Sighting: 2 mile long streamer of oil located offshore 53 miles SSW of the East Jetty.
- Sighting: A streamer of oil 3000 feet long by 60 feet wide located offshore 60 miles E of Timber Island.
- Sighting: Golf ball to baseball size tar balls reported around the entire E end of Isle Grand Terre.