Report on Oil Sightings throughout Coastal Louisiana
BATON ROUGE (July 24, 2010) - The below is a situational awareness report of oil impacted areas led by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, the Louisiana Army National Guard and local governments.
Note: The information in this report has been forwarded to the federal incident command post in Houma, which is composed of U.S. Coast Guard and BP officials. This report consists of newly impacted areas, and does not serve as a comprehensive listing of impacted areas.
Sightings Report July 24, 2010
- Sighting: Oil impacting shore on an unnamed island located in Cranetown Bay 1.75 miles SE of Shell Island.
- Sighting: Oil emulsion located offshore 7 miles E of the Chandeleur Islands.
- Sighting: Oil impacting shore on an unnamed island located in Cranetown Bay 2 miles SE of Shell Island.
- Sighting: Oil sheen located offshore 2 miles E of Gosier Islands.
- Sighting: Oil located offshore 2 miles SE of Gosier Islands.
- Sighting: Oil sheen located in North Pass 1 mile SW of the North Pass entrance.
- Sighting: Oil patties impacting the beach located near Southwest Pass .5 miles E of Block 83 Oil Field.
- Sighting: Oil located offshore 8.59 miles W of the Southwest Pass Lighthouse.
- Sighting: Oil, tar patties and oil sheen located in N Barataria Bay 2 miles NE of Saint Mary's Point.
- Sighting: Oil impacting marsh located 2.22 miles S of Belle Isle.
- Sighting: Oil located in Micale Bayou
- Sighting: Oil located offshore 6.63 miles S of Isle Grand Terre.
- Sighting: Heavy oil patches, sheen, and emulsion located 3.8 miles SE of the W end of Grand Isle.
- Sighting: Tar patties impacting a 1/4 mile area of shore East Fourchon Beach next to Bay Champagne.
- Sighting: 600 feet area of oil sheen with emulsion located .5 miles S of Trinity Island.
- Sighting: 600 feet area of oil sheen with emulsion located .25 miles S of Timbalier Island.