Report on Oil Sightings throughout Coastal Louisiana
BATON ROUGE (July 27, 2010) - The below is a situational awareness report of oil impacted areas led by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, the Louisiana Army National Guard and local governments.
Note: The information in this report is unconfirmed by the state and has been forwarded to the federal incident command post in Houma, which is composed of U.S. Coast Guard and BP officials, for their action. This report consists of newly impacted areas, and does not serve as a comprehensive listing of impacted areas.
Sightings Report July 27, 2010
- Sighting: Oil impacting shoreline located at Polk and Dallas Bayou 1 mile SW of Jessies Island.
- Sighting: Oil impacting shoreline of an unnamed island located 1.73 miles S of Belle Isle
- Sighting: Oil sheen located in Willow Point 2 miles NE of Hingle Bend.
- Sighting: Oil sheen located in Lonesome Bayou 1.25 miles N of North Pass.
- Sighting: Oil sheen located at the entrance of North East Pass.
- Sighting: Oil sheen impacting sand bar located near the S tip of South Pass.
- Sighting: Oil sheen located in Grand Bank Bayou 2 miles NE of Grand Terre Islands.
- Sighting: Oil sheen located off shoreline E side of Southwest Pass, 1.85 miles NE of Block 83 Oil Field.
- Sighting: Sheen located in East Bay 4 miles W of South Pass Light.
- Sighting: Gray sheen with dime size orange globules located offshore 1.3 miles E of Grand Isle.
- Sighting: Patches of heavy emulsified oil approximately 100 yards in diameter located on the E side of Isle Grande Terre.
- Sighting: Gray sheen and dime size globules located in Barataria Bay 1.5 miles E of Queen Bess.
- Sighting: Oil located .35 miles SE of East Timbalier Island.
- Sighting: Oil sheen located 2.41 miles NE of Greys Canal.
- Sighting: Tar balls impacting shoreline located on Elmers Island 4.17 miles E of Pointe Fourchon.
- Sighting: Oil emulsion located 4.2 miles S of Belle Pass.
- Sighting: Oil located on shore in Trinity Bayou area near the California Canal.
- Sighting: Oil sheen located in Pelican Bayou 5.5 miles NW of Whiskey Island.
- Sighting: Oil impacting an unnamed island located 1.5 miles NW of Whiskey Island
- Sighting: Light sheen with orange globules inside boom located at Whiskey Island.