Report on Oil Sightings throughout Coastal Louisiana
BATON ROUGE (August 2, 2010) - The below is a situational awareness report of oil impacted areas led by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, the Louisiana Army National Guard and local governments.
Note: The information in this report has been forwarded to the federal incident command post in Houma, which is composed of U.S. Coast Guard and BP officials. This report consists of newly impacted areas, and does not serve as a comprehensive listing of impacted areas.
Sightings Report August 2, 2010
- Sighting: Oil located in Fishing Smack Bay near Southwest Pass.
- Sighting: Oil located in Three Bayous 1.59 miles NW of Deep Pass.
- Sighting: Oil located in Eloi Bay 1 mile SE of Point Eloi.
- Sighting: Oil impacting marsh located 1.30 miles W of Point Paulina.
- Sighting: Oil located in Seven Dollar Bay 2.61 miles NW of Gardner Island.
- Sighting: Oil located .34 miles SE of Fiddler Point.
- Sighting: Oil impacting marsh located .38 miles ENE of Point Gardner.
- Sighting: Tar balls impacting marsh located 1 mile E of Pelican Island.
- Sighting: Tar balls located N of Bay Long 4.71 miles ESE of Grand Island Point.
- Sighting: Oil located in Cat Bay 1 mile N of Grand Bank Bayou.
- Sighting: Oil sheen located in Barataria Bay .78 miles WSW of Grand Island Point.
- Sighting: Oil sheen located in N Barataria Bay .5 miles S of Saint Marys Point.
- Sighting: Oil sheen with tar balls located in Bay Jimmy 2.18 miles ESE of Saint Marys Point.
- Sighting: Oil sheen with tar balls located in Manilla Bay.
- Sighting: Emulsified oil located offshore 1.75 miles SSE of Grand Isle State Park.
- Sighting: Oil sheen located offshore 3 miles SE of Elmers Island.
- Sighting: Oil located in Timbalier Bay 2.63 miles NE of Shallow Bayou.
- Sighting: Heavy oil in Lake Raccourci located 0.84 miles E of Fornation Islands.
- Sighting: Small amounts of oil located 1 mile W of Philo Brice Island.
- Sighting: Oil impacting approximately 3 miles of shoreline east of the mouth of Oyster Bayou.
- Sighting: Heavy oil sheen located along the pipeline that runs from East Bay Junop to West Bay Junop, with some oil on the banks.
- Sighting: 2 inches by 3 inch tar ball on Rutherford Beach located 1.84 miles W of Mosquito Point.