Report on Oil Sightings throughout Coastal Louisiana
BATON ROUGE (August 3, 2010) - The below is a situational awareness report of oil impacted areas led by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, the Louisiana Army National Guard and local governments.
Note: The information in this report has been forwarded to the federal incident command post in Houma, which is composed of U.S. Coast Guard and BP officials. This report consists of newly impacted areas, and does not serve as a comprehensive listing of impacted areas.
Sightings Report August 3, 2010
- Sighting: Oil sheen located in the Mississippi River Gulf Outlet 3.65 miles NE of Grand Coquille Point.
- Sighting: Oil impacting marsh located in Saint Helena Bay 1 mile NE of Fiddlers Point.
- Sighting: Oil impacting marsh located at Fiddlers Point.
- Sighting: Oil impacting shoreline located in Bell Pass Bayou 1.86 miles S of Belle Isle.
- Sighting: Oil located 1.41 miles ESE of South Pass Light.
- Sighting: Oil sheen with tar balls located in Bay Jimmy 2.56 miles ENE of Saint Mary's Point.
- Sighting: Oil ribbon with foam located in Barataria Bay 2.39 miles NNW of Pass Abel.
- Sighting: Multiple patches of oil sheen 300 yards long by 100 yards wide located in Breton Sound 4.25 miles SW of West Point.
- Sighting: Light oil sheen located near the lower end of the Northern Fornation Island.