Report on Oil Sightings throughout Coastal Louisiana
BATON ROUGE (August 4, 2010) - The below is a situational awareness report of oil impacted areas led by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, the Louisiana Army National Guard and local governments.
Note: The information in this report has been forwarded to the federal incident command post in Houma, which is composed of U.S. Coast Guard and BP officials. This report consists of newly impacted areas, and does not serve as a comprehensive listing of impacted areas.
Sightings Report August 4, 2010
- Sighting: 75 feet area of oil sheen located in Eloi Bay .17 SE of Point Eloi.
- Sighting: Oil impacting the marsh located in the W end of Treasure Bay miles S of Treasure Pass.
- Sighting: Brown reddish patch of oil impacting the marsh on an unnamed island in Saint Helena Bay .75 miles n of Pass Fernandez.
- Sighting: Reddish brown oil impacting the marsh on an unnamed island located in the Chandeleur Sound 1.67 miles WSW of Point Paulina.
- Sighting: Oil located 1.8 miles SE of Pass Abel.
- Sighting: 100 yard area of oil located in Barataria Bay 3 miles ENE of Saint Mary's Point.
- Sighting: Small tar balls with heavy dark brown sheen located just off Burrwood Beach 1.66 miles NNE of the East Jetty.
- Sighting: Oil impacting the shore of unnamed island at the mouth of the South Pass.
- Sighting: Long light brown streamers of oil with sheen 1-2 miles long by 300 feet wide in Redfish Bay 3 miles ENE of Lookout Island.
- Sighting: Multiple patches oil sheen 300 yards by 100 yards located in Breton Sound 5.35 miles E of Bird Island.
- Sighting: Oil sheen streamer located in Barataria Bay 1 mile SSE of Manilla.